Pilgrimage/Religious tourism

Churches and Monasteries

On October 19, 2014 His Eminence, the Lovech Bishop Gabriel sanctifies the chapel "Nativity of the Blessed Virgin", which is built with donations of local businessmen. The two large icons and the external inscriptions were made by the Troyan artist Stefan Michev.
The temple was built up after the Liberation, in 1882, by the architect Gencho Kanev. The church is built of stone and is covered with slabs. The iconostasis, which is without carvings, is painted by an unknown painter from Samokov. Naum and Nencho Ilievi decorated the gates dated back to 1888. The frieze of festive icons is the work of the Troyan master Pencho h. Naydenov - St. Iliyah, St.…
The “Ascension of Christ” Church (St. Spas) is located in the small Troyan village of Kaleytsa, only 7 km northwest of Troyan. It was built in 1859 and, like many churches from that period, was dug into the ground. In 1877, during the Russian-Turkish war, it set on fire, but after the restoration of the village it was repaired with donations by the locals residents. The north and south doors…
The “Ascension of Christ” Church is located in the center of the beautiful mountain village of Shipkovo. At first sight, the modest appearance of the church, consecrated in 1858, does not impress the visitors, but the interior preserves authentic iconostasis and icons. The carvings in the temple were made by local masters - Docho Markov and Docho Angelov-Marangoza. The icons are painted by Tryavna craftsmen and by the painter from…
The stone church "All Sanints" is located in the village of Golyama Zhelyazna, 32 km. away from the municipal center Troyan. The temple was consecrated in 1858 on the holiday of All Saints. The master builder of the building is Docho Tsonev from Sopot and the iconostasis is painted by the Troyan painter Pencho h. Naydenov, (part of the icons were painted about 1860). The stone-plastic decoration of the church…
The church "St. Nichola Letni" (built in 1838) in the village of Gumushtnik is part of a Revival architectural complex of historical and artistic value and is declared for a monument of culture. The church is three-nave, with a stone roof and walls up to 1.5 m thick. The grandeur of the church is intensified not only by its size, but also by the way of its construction and interior…
The church "St. Paraskeva - Petka" dominate over the central part of the town of Troyan. It is the oldest church in the municipality (except for the two monastery churches in the Troyan Monastery). It was built in 1835 and was consecrated on 14th October in the same year. Today, it continues to function as a temple and as a cultural and architectural monument. Even Felix Kanitz, the outstanding traveller,…
The Troyan monastery “Assumption of Virgin Mary” is not only the biggest monastery in Stara Planina, but also the third largest in Bulgaria ( after these in Bachkovo and Rila). In 1830 it is annonced for stauropigial, which means that is subordinated directly to the Patriarchate, not to the local bishop, and still retains its status. The monastery complex is situated on the picturesque bank of the Cherni Osam River…
St. Nicholas is a temple (small monastery), belonging to the Troyan monastery, located about a kilometer southeast of it, on the western slope of Ivan Dahl peak (1046 m.) and a kilometer northeast of the village Cherni Osum, 10 km walk on an asphalt road southeast of Troyan and 30 minutes walk on a stony trail above the Troyan Monastery in Milencha neighbourhood. It was founded in 1785 by the…
The church is the first public construction in the village of Vrabevo after the Liberation. It was built with the voluntary work of the local residents under the supervision of the famous Tryavna master of bridges and churches Pavel Kolev. The enthusiasm of the builders was so great that the construction of the temple took only eight months. The church was consecrated and solemnly opened by the Bishop of Lovech…
Page 1 of 3

Месечен бюлетин

Анкета

Моля попълнете нашата анкета.

© 2018 - 2020 Troyan Municipality - Information Cultural Center. All rights reserved.