Pilgrimage/Religious tourism

Churches and Monasteries

The beautiful temple "St. Petka" is located in the village of Debnevo. It was built in 1892 by the famous Tryavna master Pavel Kolev. The building repeats that in Vrabevo, but the altar apse was enlarged. Underneath the windows of the great dome, there is a continuous cornice. The small hexagonal cube above the narthex serves as a bell tower. The icons in the temple were painted by Vasil Genkov…
The village of Dobrodan is located ............ km.away from Troyan. The roads between Danube and White Sea cross on its territory, which explains its long history, and the remains preserved from the Roman times. In the late 19th century, the village, populated both by Christians and Muslims, built its church. Builder of the temple is master Denyo Denev from Tryavna, and the roof is made by local builders Atanas Raikovski…
In 2011, on 23th of August, started the construction of the chapel and it was consecrated on 6th of November 2014. The chapel is built entirely of donations - the land, the architectural design of arch. Boyan Krastev, the icons. The whole building is a free work of master Tsvetan Tsvyatkov.
On 19 th of October, 2013, the newly built temple in the village of Balkanets was consecrated. The construction started on 25th of January, 2004, but was finished nine years later, thanks to the work and help of many people. The church is a one-nave with a dome. The iconostasis was made by the wood-carver Peter Angelov and the frescoes and altar icons in the church were painted the young…
The chapel is built with donations and among the main donors are John Brisbbi, a descendant of the famous Hadzhikalchovi and his wife Clare. The land is donated by theTroyan Municipality to the Lovech Diocese. The architectural design was done by the famous architect Ivan Atanasov. The style is maintained in the spirit of our medieval Orthodox temples. The builders are from Kardzhali, and the icon-painter is Miroslav Valev from…
In 2000 is built the church "St. Paraskeva-Petka" in the village of Chiflik. The icons are painted by the Troyan iconographer Borislava Katsarova.
The church was built on the site of older church buildings from 1939. The initial construction of Nikola Vlaykov from Gabrovo collapses and the present church is the second one in this place. Bricks are used as building material, not stones, and the medieval one-floored plan with a hemispheric vault is resurrected. The icons were painted by Karl Yordanov in 1968 by the model of the images in the cathedral…
The Church of St. Petka (1932) is situated in the village of Borima, famous for its picturesque nature and fresh air. It is built by the Troyans Ivan and Hristo Vlaevi and is a typical building with relatively large dimensions. The icons are made by different artists, among them a Russian, a resident of Tryavna, a Samokov painter, Totyu Slavkov, and others. Here is brought from the Troyan monastery and…
The church in the village of Beli Osam was built in 1910. The small village is only 7 km southwest from Troyan. The church is built of stone and probably is worked by the same master as this in Lomets. The iconostasis is wooden, without carvings, and the primitive icons are painted by Daniil Nestorov by Galichnik. In 2000, the church was renovated on the occasion of its 90th anniversary.…
The first church built in the 20th century in Troyan is located in the small village of Lomets. Its patron is St. Dimitar. It was erected in 1907. The temple is built by Denyo Denev from Tryavna. The icons are painted by Racho Tiholov and Todor Genkov.
Page 2 of 3

Месечен бюлетин

Анкета

Моля попълнете нашата анкета.

© 2018 - 2023 Troyan Municipality - Information Cultural Center. All rights reserved.